Anticipated Solicitation Release Date Tuesday, April 4, 2017
The mission of SC EPSCoR/IDeA Program is to advance excellence in science and engineering research and education to achieve sustainable increases in research, education, training capacity, and competitiveness in South Carolina.
The new Stimulus Research Program aims to strengthen the research capacity and research competitiveness of South Carolina institutions through collaboration and inclusion.
Solving complex problems through collaboration and integration of life science, physical science, engineering, and mathematics is critical in increasing statewide research capabilities. The South Carolina Vision 2025 - Advancing South Carolina’s Capacity and Expertise in Science and Technology encourages collaboration and multi-disciplinary research to address complex problems and opportunities that are unique to South Carolina that are nationally and globally competitive.
- Proposed research must be relevant to the South Carolina Vision 2025 - Advancing South Carolina’s Capacity and Expertise in Science and Technology.
- Proposers are required to collaborate with other South Carolina colleges and universities including comprehensive research universities, predominately undergraduate institutes, historically black colleges and universities, and research institutes.
- Proposers will be required to describe their plans to increase research capabilities and competitiveness of the institutions and individuals involved. This includes plans to pursue funding for large research grants.
- Attend a SC EPSCoR meeting in May 2017 to facilitate collaboration among SC institutions.
Who May Apply
Faculty members and researchers from any South Carolina university, college or research institution.
Proposal Review and Selection Process
Proposals will undergo a merit review by external experts in the proposal research topic.
- Anticipated Funding Amount: $1,200,000 ($150,000 per project year) in Calendar Year (CY) 2017 with renewal in CY 2018 (depending on availability of funds and progress).
- Number of Awards: Up to four (4) in CY 2017
- Award Length: 2 Years
Anticipated Solicitation Release Date
Tuesday, April 4, 2017