The SC EPSCoR Program invites speakers and poster presenters to submit abstracts for presentation at the Annual SC EPSCoR State Conference. This one-day conference is intended for faculty, researchers, undergraduate and graduate students and post-doctoral fellows. The conference presentations this year will build on the themes of the last two years promoting collaboration among faculty at South Carolina colleges and universities
Call for Podium and Poster Presentation Abstracts. Abstracts for podium presentation or poster presentations on any of the topics listed below should be submitted according to the abstract format. Podium and poster presentations may be submitted by undergraduate and graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and faculty. Students must provide their research mentor contact information and identify if the research is supported by MADE in SC or the Stimulus Research Program.
Call for Conference Session Proposals. Conference Session proposals (90 minutes) are solicited on any of the Vision 2025 and the NSF Big Ideas topics (see below). A session should be composed of four presentations on the same topic. Those interested in organizing and leading a session at the conference should submit all session presentation abstracts as one PDF file in the SC EPSCoR Portal. Session presentations that involve collaboration among institutions are encouraged.
Conference Topics. Abstracts that address research topics related to the following are encouraged:
- Vision 2025: Advancing South Carolina’s Capacity and Expertise in Science and Technology,
- The NSF Big Ideas:
- Work at the Human-Technology Frontier
- Harnessing the Data Revolution
- Quantum Leap
- Understanding the Rules of Life
- Windows on the Universe
- Broadening Participation in STEM (See NSF Includes Description)
- The MADE in SC project: Multiscale Modeling and Computation for Materials Research and Cyberinfrastructure Development (MCC), Hierarchical Structures with Controlled Optical, Electrochemical and Magnetic Properties (Thrust 1), Stimuli-Responsive Polymeric Materials (Thrust 2), and Rational Design of Interactive Biomaterials (Thrust 3). Note: MADE in SC Podium and Poster Presentations will be selected by the MADE in SC Organizing Committee.
Click here to download full guidelines and submission information. Abstracts that do not comply with the guidelines will be rejected.
- Tuesday, March 19: Deadline for submitting abstracts
- Tuesday, March 26: Notification of Authors
- Thursday, April 4: Electronic copies of the presentations are due by noon to April Heyward.
April Heyward, MRA
Program Manager, SC EPSCoR Program
South Carolina Research Authority (SCRA)
1000 Catawba Street
Columbia, South Carolina 29201